[lug] Feedback Wanted - Proposed Open Source Disk Test SW

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Wed Jan 2 11:35:03 MST 2008

If you follow the list, you've seen my recent comments about the
inadequacy of commonly used disk testing software.

To meet my own needs in this area, I've created my own disk test
software tentatively named (wait for it): "jonnie".

If there is sufficient interest, I'll GPL the software and throw it up
on Source Forge.

Here's a link to the documentation:

http://www.mhsoftware.com/jonnie/

and a link to the actual application (42KB)

http://www.mhsoftware.com/jonnie/jonnie_0.9.zip

I would appreciate any feedback you have. In particular, I'm interested
in feedback on the documentation and on the quality of the tests.

Things I have in mind for this sw before considering it done are:

* Making it possible to localize messages
* Perhaps making the Random IO Testing a little more paranoid.

--
George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.