[lug] Daily system crash....

Ted Logan ted.logan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 10:19:39 MST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 12:12 PM, David Morris <lists at morris-clan.net> wrote:
> I have a strange problem with my system I'm hoping for input
> on.

If you have a null modem cable handy, and another Linux box nearby,
you can set up Linux to output kernel log messages (hopefully
including messages indicating the fatal error) over the serial port.
This HOWTO will tell you what you need to know:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO/

If you can capture the kernel log messages at the time of the crash,
you should be able to get some idea of what the kernel thinks is
wrong. (Or at least you'll have something to post here for the rest of
us to scratch our heads at.)

--
Ted Logan
ted.logan at gmail.com