[lug] Off topic: replacement for MyYahoo

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Feb 4 14:32:38 MST 2008

Now that MS is buying Yahoo (or attempting it, at least), I need to be
prepared to move off of MyYahoo.  I use it's multiple pages with various
content aggregation, one of which is for my favorite sports (pro tennis
and my alma mater's teams) and another for movie and TV listings with
sidebars with stock quotes, weather reports, prices for airline flights,
etc.  I've used Rojo's MyRojo but it doesn't seem quite as feature rich.
Are there any other recommended sites similar to MyYahoo?

I use Google News as a news aggregator but it doesn't have a "favorite
teams" thing that can show me todays games or scores or movie listing
for the area, things like that the way MyYahoo does.  I don't need an
email account, either.

Suggestions?  Since it's off topic, email me directly.  If there is
interest, I'll summarize for the group.

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org