[lug] Off topic: oversize x11 screen capture?

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Sun Feb 10 11:22:00 MST 2008

Steve Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to screen-capture a Firefox page that's twice as wide and twice
> as high as my screen.  Currently I run xv under KDE and capture 4
> screen shots and paste them together in inkscape.  A pain!  Is there a
> way to capture the whole image at once?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

xwd -out foo.xwd

the cursor will change to crosshairs, click in the firefox window and it
will dump the window to foo.xwd (be careful that you don't have any
other windows on top of the firefox window.

xwud -in foo.xwd will let you see it.  I think gimp understands xwd as well.

You could also try using ksnapshot

Hugh