[lug] OT: SunBlade 100 for free

Dan Julio djulio99 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 18:14:26 MST 2008

Hey all,

I hate to see perfectly good hardware go to waste.  I
have a Sunblade 100 workstation (with Sun keyboard and
mouse but no monitor) that I'd love to give to someone
who could use it.

This machine has a 64-bit Ultrasparc-IIe CPU at 500
MHz, 256 MB memory (I think) and a 15 GB HDD (I think)
as well as floppy, CD and smart card reader. There are
PCI slots, firewire, USB and serial ports.  It uses
IDE internally so you can easily upgrade the internal
HDD.

It's currently loaded with some ancient version of
Solaris I used to do software development in.  I'd ask
whoever takes this to just overwrite the HDD with a
new OS.  I'll even throw in an Apple-branded DVD-RW
drive that can still read DVDs but no longer seems to
be able to burn them if that might help you upgrade
this machine more easily.

Email me @ djulio99 @ yahoo.com if you're interested.
I live in north Boulder.

Cheers, Dan