[lug] PCI Sata Card

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 19:45:39 MDT 2008

I'm trying to retrofit an older XP based (i know it's
not linux) IDE / ATA system with no more ide capacity
left to use newer sata drives (don't want to sink any
more money in ide drives).

Can anyone recommend a replacement inexpensive PCI 2
port sata card that works and a place to buy it,
preferably local but online if need be.

CompUSA used to carry those but went belly up.
BestBuy used to but doesn't carry them now.  Tiger
direct, newegg seem to be carrying the more expensive
PCI-x raid sata cards i can't use, don't need or want
to pay for.  The basic sata cards they do carry seem
to be no name generics with less than stellar customer
rankings leaving me no warm and fuzzy for making the
online purchase.

That's why i'd like to find a local retailer in case
the card doesn't work.

thanks

I ask because comp