[lug] Issues with RedHat Enterprise

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Mar 18 17:14:55 MDT 2008

We've had issues with firefox randomly crashing (ditto for thunderbird)
that started shortly after the last pair of updates for both packages.

The redhat mailing list had some traffic about a user having bad
performance with glibc on RH5 (as compared to SuSE and RH4).

We are running RH5 clients with all software installed locally and home
dirs NFS mounted from an HP-UX box.

Hugh