[lug] CompUSA replacement in Boulder area?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Mar 31 17:52:04 MDT 2008

Steve A Hart wrote:
> Dear god...you actually buy from Best Buy and Circuit City?!?!?!
>
> We buy almost exclusively from www.newegg.com

They're quite addictive, and if you pay for the fast shipping, amazingly
fast.

I figure for MOST projects if I can't plan three days ahead (worst case)
I probably shouldn't be slapping together the project that fast
anyway... but I do understand the need for spare parts available locally
  when something dies, too.

Just bring a Fry's to Denver or Boulder somewhere and I'd be happy.
CompUSA can continue to go under (even though I'm seeing rumors about
the "new" CompUSA?) for all I care... it's not THAT far to MicroCenter,
even from Boulder... on a weekend day when the I-25 traffic isn't maddening.

You'll pay more in gas round-trip from Boulder to Microcenter than
Newegg will charge for shipping, though.  Understand that too.

Nate