[lug] Time sync w/GPS or radio

Vince Dean vdean at ucar.edu
Thu May 8 10:37:06 MDT 2008

I believe it is possible to use the GPS daemon (gpsd) to
provide time information to the Network Time Protocol
daemon (ntpd).

See the web site for "gpsd--a GPS service daemon":

   http://gpsd.berlios.de/

See, in particular, the man page for gpsd, in the section
titled "USE WITH NTP":

   http://gpsd.berlios.de/gpsd.html#ntp

Vince

--
Vince Dean
SIPS Operations Manager - Center for Limb Atmospheric Sounding