[lug] decoding weather data via radio Was: Time sync w/GPS or radio

Jason Vallery jason at vallery.net
Sun May 11 10:43:01 MDT 2008

Hi Mike,

By weather data I'm assuming your talking about APRS on the amateur
bands.  Typically you need a TNC or radio modem which is a device that
converts the analog signal to digital.  These are bi-directional.  I
know there is also a project out there called AGWPE that attempts to
do this with a sound card.  You might take a look at that if you don't
want to invest in new hardware.

-Jason