[lug] cell phones with linux

Jason Schaefer js at jasonschaefer.com
Wed Jul 16 00:03:05 MDT 2008

Check out the openmoko http://www.openmoko.com/ released on july 4th.

I ordered mine a week ago! It has built in wireless, bluetooth, usb,
gps, linux kernel 2.6.24, etc ->
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FreeRunner_Overview

It works on gsm networks, I'm on t-mobile. The 850 is the north
american phone. The 900 is for the rest of the world (sold out in
openmoko shop). Both phones are $400. They are gearing these phones
for the technically inclined, untill the project becomes more mature
and then they will target the general consumer.

If you like freedom and are sick of broken phones, this phone is for you:-)

Jason