[lug] upgrading to f9: gdmsetup gone?

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Jul 22 13:09:05 MDT 2008

Redhat 5 made a similar switch.  gdm.conf got moved to /usr/share/gdm/defaults.conf.  I created the changes I wanted in /etc/gdm/custom.conf and used /usr/share/gdm/*conf as a list of the options/documentation.

It looks like after gdm 2.20, the gnome folks started a complete rewrite and gdmsetup hasn't been done yet.

I think the snippit from the forum should work, it's also possible that the rewrite means no one has gotten to the documentation yet (and something changed).

I'd also look for firewall or SELinux as possible culprits if the snippit doesn't allow remote gdm.

I've actually taken to using NoMachine for personal machines when I need a remote GUI environment.

Hugh