[lug] New Distro

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Tue Aug 5 11:30:38 MDT 2008

It looks like I have to change Distros.

I've been using OpenSUSE for quite a while now and been extremely happy.
Today, I went to install my bright new shiny OpenSuse 11 and found out
something bad.

Basically, tons of packages are gone. Courier IMAP is gone, SquirrelMail
is gone. Apache is there, but mod_jk is gone. In short, they've stripped
out the stuff that people need to run a real server. So, I'm down to
either paying for SLES or changing distributions.

Is there a distribution that's RPM based that has a reasonable
upgrade/life cycle?

--
George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.