[lug] SFD 2008.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Sep 14 22:23:08 MDT 2008

Just by luck, installfest (less than a week away!), is on Software
Freedom Day.

I've mentioned doing something aimed at less technical users but there
don't seem to be many interested in that.

But I did invite a Windows user to see a demo of GNU/Linux and
OpenOffice.org.  He's never heard of Linux but was immediately
interested because he wants to buy a new computer but doesn't really
want Vista.

So take a minute to invite people you know to come see a demo of Free
Software.  I don't expect this will have a lasting impact on the format
of installfest but it's a good opportunity to tell people that there is
such a thing as software freedom.  And GNU is 25 this year so if we
start now we can be really ready for the one when GNU turns 50. :-)

I found a good video that can help spark discussion among the uninitiated.

As usual if you're coming and want something/someone to be there, speak
up now.  The louder you are the more you'll get what you want. :-)

Is there something I can bring to make this special for SFD?  (No, not
eggnog...)

Dave