[lug] Openvpn problem

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at aim.com
Tue Nov 11 09:47:31 MST 2008

 I set up OpenVPN on 2 clients. Everything was fine.

1 server had a problem, so we "traded OpenVPN stuff" so I could have a server quickly - myclient.

Everything was working fine locally.

I took it out to a client site, it seemed to connect.? But was having a terrible time - slow connection and dropping and getting a message same like this:

Sun
Nov? 9 02:08:51 2008 us=157369 MULTI: new
connection by client 'myclient'

?will cause previous active sessions by this
client to be dropped.? Remember to

use the
--duplicate-cn option if you want multiple clients using the same certificate

I made a new certificate - myclient2 - and put it on and it connected fine for awhile - then it went dead.? Won't connect on reboot.

Getting the same message:

Sun
Nov? 9 02:08:51 2008 us=157369 MULTI: new
connection by client 'myclient2'

?will cause previous active sessions by this
client to be dropped.? Remember to

use the
--duplicate-cn option if you want multiple clients using the same certificate

Gordon