[lug] Fixed-width fonts for email?

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:43:15 MST 2008

Z,

Thanks!

(And yup, that's the kind of thing I could do in Gmail, too.  By default,
though, it's variable-width all the way.  Getting to fixed-width requires
work.)

When I was a boy, and had to walk backwards to the liquor store, through the
snow, uphill, both ways, all our mail clients were terminal-based and used
fixed-width fonts.  We all hand-crafted ASCII graphics into our mail
messages with impunity.

Now, maybe, not so much.

I get boxes like these  -- or even more elaborate, mysterious figures drawn
with "+" and "|" and "-" -- about  once a year, and I think, "WTF?"

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org> wrote:

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]
http://goyishekop.blogspot.com