[lug] CLIQ redux

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sun Dec 21 13:54:54 MST 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 11:43 -0700, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> > Yes he does.  Sean and I go way back.  Hey Sean, wanna volunteer for
> > CLIQ 2009?  :-)
>
> I will totally do the wireless network for CLIQ 2009.  My attempts at the
> wireless for PyCon have been pretty well received.  :-)

Really.  Hmmm.  Maybe it's time to think about this again.  I talked
with the guy who runs the Open Source Meetup here in the Springs and he
was interested in helping out too.

So how do people feel about this idea:  is it time for another open
source conference on the front range?  Maybe something a little smaller
so it's not quite so much work to put together.  Maybe something with a
complete different format than last time.  After all, things have
changed a bit since then.

Then again, as bad as the economy is, where would we find the sponsors?
Hmmmm.  Is the open source interest still pretty high up in the northern
tundra?  Down in the southern tundra it seems decent, but could use a
little prodding, I think.

If anyone is seriously interested, poke me and we'll talk about it.
--
Michael J. Hammel
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org / http://www.graphics-muse.org