[lug] CLIQ redux

Jonathan Corbet corbet-bldrlug at lwn.net
Sun Dec 21 15:24:13 MST 2008

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:54:54 -0700
"Michael J. Hammel" <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> wrote:

> Really.  Hmmm.  Maybe it's time to think about this again.  I talked
> with the guy who runs the Open Source Meetup here in the Springs and
> he was interested in helping out too.
>
> So how do people feel about this idea:  is it time for another open
> source conference on the front range?

I have, from time to time recently, been talking with various folks
about maybe bringing the Linux Plumbers Conference to Boulder in 2010.
I always figure I'll come to my senses and drop the idea, but one never
knows.  With a bit of work, it would probably be possible to have a
top-tier development event here, which would be fun...

That said, I'm not yet ready to commit to organizing this.  It would be
a *lot* of work, even with the Linux Foundation doing a lot of the
support.

jon