[lug] (Sort of OT) Serial Thermometer

Carl Wagner carl.wagner at verbalworld.com
Thu Jan 29 10:52:54 MST 2009

Hi,

Does anyone have a serial thermometer they could sell me?  (or even rent
me for a month or so)
I want to build one, but I don't have time right now.

I don't need anything fancy, just something that I can query from a
laptop running Linux.
(hence not USB, unless it works with Linux, and has an easy interface,
that I could use a bash script to talk with it.)
And it needs to be something I can get in the next day or so.

I checked with SparkFun and they did not have anything.

If not, does anyone know where I could get something like this locally
(and they are not to proud of it)?

Thanks,
Carl.