[lug] audio interference question

Matt James matuse at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 05:05:18 MST 2009

In my experience, computer audio (not just laptop) has always been quite
noisy from a recording standpoint because of all the EMI running around
inside the box.  The only way I've got 100% away from this is to go to a USB
or Firewire audio I/O.  Now, I've always done this on a Mac or a Windows PC
so I'm not sure about linux compatibility, but you might want to consider
something like this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/PreSonus-AudioBox-USB-2X2-USB-Recording-System-243007-i1388074.gc

Best of luck, I've spent many many hours trying to chase down noise sources
in a scenario like this.

Matt