[lug] BLUG Meeting Announcement 2009-02-12

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Feb 11 11:30:17 MST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 10:36 -0700, Jeffrey Haemer wrote:
> Landon did it with a Pulse Smartpen.  He's the only person I've seen
> with one, but if you (or someone else) would like to buy one for BLUG,
> I'll bet some attendee would be willing to take the notes with it.
>
> Looks like they run about $150-$200.  I have Amazon Prime, so it'd get
> here by Thursday for another $4 if we ordered it in the next 4 hours.

I wish I could.  Of course, if I had a spare $150-$200 I could pay
someone to drive me up to boulder for the meeting.  :-)

I'd be willing to chip in some money for it, say $20, as long as there
was always someone to take notes on it at the meeting.  Beats me having
to drive up from CoSpgs.

Unless someone set up a webcam conference (GNOME Meeting maybe?) so I
could just tune in from home.  Or hell, just a podcast.  My problem with
podcast production is getting quality audio.  My mic at home on my
laptop picks up a lot of external noise, even when I'm close to the mic
(which is why I don't have audio to go with my slides from the WordPress
talk I gave down here last month).
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org