[lug] Burning software for KDE

philburt stortsky ppld.phil.stortz at hotmail.com
Fri May 1 13:42:42 MDT 2009

is there a good burning program for kde4 (4.2.2)?.  i'm running open suse 11.1.  i've tried k3b, and even the newer version hangs if you try to have it verify the disk, and i really, really like to verify my backups.  it also fails to correctly burn large files, like 4.4G video files which will fit but which it burns incorrectly in udf and won't burn at all if you specify a linux filesystem or mixed linux windows.  i'd rather not use gnome and last time i used brasero i was astounded at how long it took to make an iso image of a cd, i gave up after 20 minutes and little progress (that was under ubuntu).  I burn a lot of dvd's since drives are a lot more expensive than blank dvd's and i tend to be an archivist.  Thanks.