[lug] VoIP: T-Mobile @Home

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue May 12 12:27:28 MDT 2009

On Tue, 12 May 2009 09:22:30 -0600, "Dallas Masters"
<dallas.masters at gmail.com> said:
> Another consideration: I believe Qwest DSL is battery backed up just like
> regular POTS.  If you have long enough battery backup to power your home
> VOIP,
> power outages may not be that big of a deal.  Other providers may do the
> same.

Some is, some isn't.  All depends on the DSLAM...

And some percentage of the relatively small batteries in the DSLAMs are
dead when the power does go out, and they get replaced, but it's not
100% like the enormous battery plants in the Central Offices for POTS.

Nate
--
  Nate Duehr
  nate at natetech.com