[lug] iPod or MP3?

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Mon Jun 1 18:56:51 MDT 2009

David Morris wrote:

> I had a chance to play with my sister's iPod at one point.  All I can
> say is anyone who willingly uses one of those things *must* have
> masochistic tendencies.  One of the most obnoxious, stubborn,
> bug-ridden, and difficult to use devices I've ever encountered.  Note
> that this was a relatively new iPod.  They look good and if you can
> get songs on it the functionality is almost (but not quite)
> acceptable.  But overall, other than looks I would put the iPod in the
> "flashy but mostly useless toy" category.

Wow.  Harsh.

You must have been using some kind of iPod I've never seen before.  Most
people and myself like them.

I don't own one myself.  My phone can play music if I need it, most of
the time I have my car stereo, my laptop or my home desktop to play music.

--
Zan Lynx
zlynx at acm.org

"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."