[lug] OT: Colocation Providers

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Aug 17 18:39:53 MDT 2009

On 08/17/2009 05:51 PM, Nate Duehr wrote:
> neighborhood out... and they were more than happy to have your car next
> to the building rather than have to hose what was left of you off the

If it was a "Bell" class CO, the walls next to where you could park were
almost certainly rated to withstand a specific size of car-bomb going off.
Several of the telco COs and/or data-centers I have worked with had
parking structures up against one wall.  But that wall was reinforced
because of it.

It's cheaper to use air to dissipate the blast than concrete though.  :-)

Sean