[lug] Upgrading multiple FC levels using preupgrade

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at aim.com
Wed Aug 26 13:50:00 MDT 2009

 I have a bunch of older machines that need upgrading - they've got lots installed, so don't want to do new install

Preupgrade gives options for FC10 or FC11 for a machine that is on FC9 or FC8

When I do a single level upgrade, I always run the latest updates for the old system, then use the DVD to upgrade.

Does anybody know if one needs to do this with preupgrade?

1)? Can I just do preupgrade from FC9 to FC10 without running the updates?
2)? Could I jump from FC9 direct to FC11 using preupgrade?

Gordon