[lug] can't make this stuff up, folks... My 2 lines of code, errr, I mean, my 2 cents....

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Tue Oct 20 15:31:26 MDT 2009

On 10/20/09 3:03 PM, Rob Nagler wrote:

> What's a "build"?  ;-)  Since we don't have to build anything, typing
> C-c C-m our emacs will start "bivio test unit<module>.bunit" or
> "bivio test acceptance<test>".   No builds required.

You've got a "build" whatever you like you call it.

If all your stuff is script without any compiling in it, then your
"build" stage is the packaging of all the files and server configuration
options that are required to produce a *reproducable* install on a blank
system.

So what you're doing with emacs is like Visual Studio's
"edit-and-continue." :-)

--
Zan Lynx
zlynx at acm.org

"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."