[lug] can't make this stuff up, folks... My 2 lines of code, errr, I mean, my 2 cents....

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 16:36:21 MDT 2009

Hi.

> That's the motivation, or anti-motivation, for this type of test now.  Code
> rarely stands in isolation and changing A may also change B's behavior.  To
> me 'unit test' implies that you're only testing 'B', vs. regression testing
> allows that other things may have affected 'B'.
Well, depending on what you exactly mean by "affected" what you are
describing might be called unit, integration on regression test :-)
But we get the point.

>>   It's more important that it's changed than that it's now broken (or
>> fixed).  Hmm, maybe it should really be called a progression test. :-)
>
> As an aside, people have already used "progression testing" in the testing
> literature to mean other stuff, completely different.  I'm aware of this
> only because I'm one of them. :-)

Do you mind elaborating a little bit? Wikipedia doesn't know about it,
and the rest of the web is confused (you might start the wikipedia
page and link it here).

Thanks,
;Dav