[lug] hardware question

Chris Riddoch riddochc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:20:25 MST 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Jack Swope <jack.swope at comcast.net> wrote:
> Magic is key, a certain people have the right aura.  As a system and
> desktop admin, I have fixed more email, web, and application problems
> simply by walking into the affected person's office ;-).

Here's a rather frustrating one that this makes me think of...

I have a wacom tablet, which I use all the time.  When I took it with
me to a job I once had, it became unusable - the pointer was jumping
all over the place, only bearing a vague resemblance to where the
stylus was pointing.  At home, it worked fine.  At every coffee shop,
library, or friends' place I've taken my laptop to, it works fine.
Just at that one office, it wouldn't work.

Probably not coincidentally, coworkers couldn't use wireless mice, and
the 802.11 was slow and unreliable.

I blame it on the radio station tower planted a hundred feet away from
the office.

--
Chris Riddoch