[lug] Inexpensive no-ring, voicemail only phone number?

Ryan Kirkpatrick linux at rkirkpat.net
Sun Dec 27 07:32:21 MST 2009

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, Davide Del Vento wrote:
>
> > I use Google Voice for this purpose, and find it very well done. I
> > does not cost anything.
>
> I knew I was missing an obvious option, just could not think of it!
> I will gladly take a Google voice invitation! Thanks!

Thank you Tommaso for the Google Voice invite. I got it setup to do just
what I wanted. I created a new Google number, and then had to associate
with my cell phone. But then I could disable the forwarding of calls to my
cell phone, hence they all went to voicemail. The transcribing of
voicemail messages and emailing to you is pretty impressive! Thanks
again! TTYL.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |