[lug] Commuting by bike with a laptop

Matthew Beldyk matt at beldyk.org
Mon Jan 11 16:03:15 MST 2010

Hi all,

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a guess that people on
this list carry their laptops around with them on their bike.  I'm
looking for any sort of pointers people would be willing to give me
about doing this (I've always left my laptop at the office when I'm
biking).  Basically, I'll be spending three afternoon/evenings a week
on campus and the rest of time in my office in gunbarrel and I want to
start biking to class instead of driving (it's only 7.5 miles door to
door and I was a little unamused last semester about the amount of gas
I burnt as well as the size my belly got due to the sedentary
lifestyle I led).

I'm really wondering if anyone has some anecdotes about what bags
they've used to carry a laptop, or anything that has created problems
for them doing this, or really any gotchas that someone first trying
this should be aware of.

-Matt

--
Calvin: Know what I pray for?