[lug] non profit equipment question

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Jan 19 22:25:42 MST 2010

Steve A Hart wrote:
> Does anyone have any resources or know of any resources in the
> Denver/Boulder area that deals with equipment donations to non profits?

See what contacts you can make at government agencies.  When I worked for one it was easier to
donate old hardware than to jump through the hoops to turn it in to the federal organization that
had to get it.

Specifically you want the property person who handles IT assets but any of the IT staff should be
able to help you out.  There isn't any incentive for them to help you so you'd be going on the
strength of your personality.  That means that donuts or chocolate might help. ;-)

Dave