[lug] Credit - was: [Letting folks pay from the web.]

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:26:03 MST 2010

> Before getting too riled up about the state of credit, feeling good about
> using cards for their rewards, and the general cost of credit for business
> owners, you should read this NYT article:

I don't know who in the heck invented this thing. It's clear that
somebody has to pay for these "rewards", and it's clear that the cc
company is not the one that will. In my opinion the reward cards
should be outlawed - no brainer.
I'm originally from Italy, and over there it's pretty common for most
businesses to not accept credit cards at all, and the ones that do
accept them have a "minimum" amount of 50 or even 100 euros. And this
is without "rewards", I believe if they would introduce them, cc will
be just dropped for cash completely. The only pain is all those coins
(the smallest bill is 10euros, imagine that with dollars...)

Bye,
;Dav