[lug] Letting folks pay from the web.

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy at hinegardner.org
Thu Feb 4 12:03:45 MST 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 05:30:43PM -0700, Jeffrey Haemer wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The Colorado Moon Festival would like to start letting folks sign up and pay
> via PayPal (or Google Checkout, or ...).
>
> Have any of you, in BLUG, had experience setting this up?  If so, can you
> offer advice?

For events, I would use a dedicated event management site, you can put all the
information up there, and it will handle the number of tickets and such.

Conferences I have gone to have used http://www.eventwax.com/ and I have
been to things organized through http://www.eventbrite.com/ too.

For something like MoonFest I would suggest something along those lines.

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy at hinegardner.org