[lug] Laptop recommendations for Linux?

Kevin Kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Fri Apr 16 09:20:38 MDT 2010

I have a Dell Covet M6400 and I love it. I've run ubuntu & Fedora for the past
18mos or so on it (mostly Fedora), I'm now running 64bit RHEL workstation
since I need stability over eye-candy.

The screen wont fold flat but fairly close. It comes with a full 3.0Gz dual
core chip (not a mobile chip) or a 2.4 Gz quad core - I went wit the dual
core.

It's RedHat certified, I have 12G of ram, It's expandable to 16G
plus it has a raid card and 2 internal SATA drives
(I'm running 2 - 500G 7200rpm drives)

The keyboard is backlit as well and it has a 1920x1200 17" screen.

If you can justify the cost (or dont care) then I would highly recommend it.

However it certianly doesn't meet your desire to run out to a local shop and
grab something the same day.

/Kevin