[lug] Anyone else hate to get rid of old equipment?

Tue May 25 14:05:21 MDT 2010

That's why I asked the question I asked. Carl's answer was perfect.

This site is probably a step in the right direction: http://e-stewards.org/

This is one of the very few things that I think government intrusion can help with. I believe that the cost of waste disposal needs to rise to the point where it discourages waste, and the extra money can be used on cleanup and recycling projects. I believe that the amount we waste can decrease as we advance in knowledge and responsibility. I believe the planet should last as long as we do, and that if we leave, it should be better off for our having been here, if we can manage it.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT MSCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness