[lug] NFS cross-mounts

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Jun 18 14:57:00 MDT 2010

Davide Del Vento wrote:
> For example, if you can I strongly recommend *NOT* putting the /home
> directories on shared FS. Otherwise in these events *EVERYTHING* will
> be slow, not just access to the remote data (because *everything*
> needs access to the /home directory, for one reason or the other).

I don't think much of admins in my office and I strongly suspect we have some network pathologies
that make things fail intermittently.

But /home is an NFS mount and that works fine.  We don't keep much there (1GB quota per user) so my
processes only ever look for .ssh or similar config stuff.  I don't have any complaints (maybe
because the server for /home is Solaris ;-)

Dave