[lug] Ubuntu vs. Fedora Core

Dave Pitts dpitts at cozx.com
Mon Jul 5 10:05:55 MDT 2010

Hello all:

I've some questions about Ubuntu vs. Fedora Core on my laptop. I'm
currently running Ubuntu 10.04 and having some "issues". My laptop is an
IBM A30p with builtin Prism wireless card. The current version of FC may
have the same problems. Or, may not be as applicable for Laptops... Any
way, questions:

1. The Prism drivers don't work. The Orinoco drivers do not see anything
and the hostap drivers, the ones the Prism docs always refer you to,
hang the system. Would this work under FC? This hasn't worked since
version 8.10....

2. Some X apps across an ssh connection causes the system to hang and
the disk light comes on and stays on... I'll ssh -X to a system and run
Thunderbird, for example, and after the display comes up, boom, dead.
Does this work under FC?

Thanks....

--
Dave Pitts             PULLMAN: Travel and sleep in safety and comfort.
dpitts at cozx.com        My other RV IS a Pullman (Colorado Pine).