[lug] Recommendations For Older Hardware?

Thu Jul 15 11:12:14 MDT 2010

On Vmware and ESX:

I recommend against ESX[i].

Vmware Server 2.0 is available for free, too, and it
runs on Linux and can be managed from Linux.

ESX[i] / vSphere ~still~ have no Linux Client...
http://communities.vmware.com/message/1234874

Here's a workaround, if you go with ESX:
http://vmetc.com/2009/10/23/using-vsphere-client-on-ubuntu-linux-with-single-application-rdp/

And on thin RDP capable distributions, there's this:

ThinStation, an active fork of NetStation, seems promising: http://www.thinstation.org/

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT MSCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness