[lug] Linux kernel crash course

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Jul 29 12:03:38 MDT 2010

David L. Willson wrote:
> Isn't that a kernel programming course? I got all excited, because I actually need/want a kernel
> crash course. ie: a course in crash dump analysis.

There is a lesson on debugging, and I would guess that crash dump analysis is easier if you know the
code that made the dump.  You could also look at the book.  If they only write programming books and
not crash dump books maybe that tells you something.

http://www.amazon.com/Linux-Kernel-Development-Robert-Love/dp/0672329468/

I'd think about both the book and the course if I had any time to figure out how to make my thumb
drive light go off.

Dave