[lug] Select-o-Magic 3000 v1.00 Release

Lori Reed lorireed at lightning-rose.com
Fri Aug 13 15:01:22 MDT 2010

Version 1.00 has been officially released with no known bugs.

As most of you know, month I gave a presentation to BLUG. This
presentation may be viewed here:
http://lightning-rose.com/projects/som3000/index.htm

The main project page is hosted at SourceForge, but it's just a stripped
down version of the BLUG presentation.
http://som3000.sourceforge.net/

The source code and a pre-compiled executable (Linux only) can be
downloaded here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/som3000/files/

Sorry, at the present, it must be installed manually, and only MP3 files
are supported.

Also I'm unclear as to precisely what the library dependencies are. I
developed the program under Ubuntu v9.10. Due to out of date GTK+ run
time libraries, it's known to not run on Ubuntu v8.04.

If anyone wants to help with distributions (deb, rpm, etc),
translations, or autoconfig files, their help would be most welcome.

Comments are, of course, welcome.

Lori