[lug] NVIDIA accelerated graphics

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 14:58:53 MDT 2010

> What I'm seeing is that various systems suddenly have the accelerated
> graphics turned off.
(snip)
> I basically have to go into single user and re-run the NVIDIA installer
> to get the accelerated graphics back.

I'm not familiar with the NVIDIA drivers (anymore). Did it get just
turned-off or completely uninstalled? Can you configure it only from
the NVIDIA executable and not from anywhere else in the X/GNOME/KDE
settings?

My 0.01$ (worth half than the usual) is to check if the machines are
getting any network "update" that is breaking your settings (either
from RH or from NVIDIA): for some weird reasons it might not be
happening on all the machines at the same time.

Best,
Davide