[lug] Reserving part of a file system -- quotas or something else

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 15:22:08 MST 2010

> It sounds an awful lot like you're looking for a good, old-fashioned partition.

I'm not sysadmin, so my suggestion on this might not be that smart,
but I agree with David (Willson, I mean: I never agree with myself!)

I'd add that you don't need a SINGLE partition, but you can have
multiple partitions on multiple RAID arrays, if that's what you need.
But you wrote....

>> One possibility would be to reserve an entire RAID, or an entire file
>> system for the production jobs.  This would work, but would limit our
>> future flexibility.

So you probably already thought about this solution. Maybe if you
elaborate a little about your "future flexibility" concerns, somebody
might suggest a better strategy.

See you around,
Dav