[lug] Recording presentations?

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:05:45 MST 2010

I too think good solutions are expensive.

For video, one option is to spit the signal from the VGA cable and
record it from there: transparent to the speaker and good quality
(analog though). Maybe on ebay we could find an old, cheap device able
to do this.
Screen captures at the speaker computer are an option, but with
different OSes, distros, versions and the likes will make this very
cumbersome, IMHO.

The poor man version of dedicated video capture would be a second,
dedicated, webcam recording the screen: set to a higher resolution,
lower compression and lower fps (even 0.5fps I think will be still
acceptable for the screen).

Just 0.02$
Dav