[lug] TV-out on a NTSC CRT TV

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 20:15:02 MST 2010

Googling didn't help. The hw is a ATI Radeon Mobility U1, according to lspci.
Things that I've found online were either completely effectless, or
failed to execute, like

atitvout ntsc
- it said "Maybe this option is not supported by your graphics
adapter?", but it said so with pal too

xrandr --output S-video --set load_detection 1
xrandr --output S-video --set tv_standard ntsc
- for both it said "BadName (named font or color does not exist)"

Any ideas? I can't believe that they had separate hw for pal and ntsc!

Thanks,
Davide