[lug] AWS Installfest-in-the-Cloud -- Woobi undo

Dru Whitledge druw at oneimage.com
Wed Jan 19 18:29:23 MST 2011

Damn, I should have been paying better attention and I'd possibly
know if this "InstallFest" is limited only to Clouds (which I'm not a
fan of -- as they beat me up all that time in a previous life while
flying airplanes through them). If it ain't all "nubes" then I've
actually got bookoo questions on installation(s) and potential installations.
I won't, unfortunately, be available Saturday as I'll likely be
sliding across a frozen lake on my butt with ice-skates up in the
air. I guess I should put each potential question (quandary) into
separate emails and hope for some help on the list.

1) I have two woobi installs (on Win2000 / XP Pro native systems) on
a couple of machines (laptop and desktop) that I would like to
"upgrade" (I think). The woobi installs are 9.10 Gnome / Kubuntu that
I would like to swap-out for  the long term 10.4 woobi installs and
wonder if 1) that is wise 2) it is practical? I'm still on a steep
Linux learning curve and not getting very far, very fast -- as I'm
not an IT pro (once was) and now only a computer consumer using my
computers for personal use and don't have much real justifiable use
for Linux that isn't already met by Windows (hate it as I do). Still,
I do want to preserve and learn Linux bit by bit in case I find some
way / justifiable method to migrate to Linux (still my intent). More
on why that hasn't happen and how that might happen in another email
-- but for now -- can anyone offer opinions on undoing and re-doing
woobi installs to a new(er) distro?

Dru
303 666-7665