[lug] Xorg GSoC

Matt Dew marcoz at osource.org
Fri Feb 11 11:15:33 MST 2011

Hi all,
   I mentioned this last night at meeting. (Great meeting BTW!)  Google
Summer of Code is approaching.
http://www.google-melange.com/

  I work on the X.org project, which I'm guessing you all are familiar
with.  http://www.x.org

We're looking for students who want to get paid to code this summer.
May 23-Aug 26.  $5000.

We have multiple projects that need help.

Gallium3d state trackers,   XML protocol bindings,  openGL, video
drivers, automated testing, ...

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas

All of the ideas on that page are valid, not just the 2011 options,
which, as of this moment, aren't there.  If you have your own X-related
idea,  speak up.  We might be able to get it in.  The deadline for
project submission is Mar 11 but please dont' wait until the last minute.

If you or someone you know is interested, PLEASE do any/all of the
following:
1) reply to me
2) post on the xorg mailing list:  xorg at lists.freedesktop.org
(subscriber only list, so you'll need to subscribe to post)
3) hop on irc.   freenode.net #xorg

thanks and hope to hear from you,
Matt