[lug] Xorg GSoC (google summer of code)

Matt Dew marcoz at osource.org
Mon Mar 21 23:42:32 MDT 2011

Hi all (again),
   I'm re-pestering folks about Xorg's Google Summer of Code.
For those that don't know, google pays students to work on open source
projects over the summer. This year it's $5000 USD.

X.org has been accepted as an organization so I'm trying to recruit
students.

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/show/google/gsoc2011/xorg

Today I talked with 3 students who are interested in working on an X
project during the summer.   Google determines the number of student
slots based on the number of students interested, so don't be shy. CU is
within spitting distance, some of you must either be, or know, CS
students.  If you're interested in X, or know someone that is,  now is
the time to hop on the freenode.net #xorg-devel irc channel, or send an
email to me or the xorg-devel mailing list expressing interest.  While
prior coding experience is a plus, it's not a requirement.

The application window opens next week and runs through April 8.

thanks for your time,
Matt