[lug] kvm drive i/o - nfs vs direct mount

jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:12:01 MDT 2011

Michael,

FYI - Ubuntu's default install doesn't include perf and apt-get doesn't
> know about perf.  Geez.  Does it include *anything* useful to a
> developer?  Ugh.  Any idea what package its in?

My standard trick to answer this question worked fine:

$ *perf*
The program 'perf' is currently not installed.  You can install it by
typing:
sudo apt-get install linux-tools-common

It's easier than what I did in the old days, which was to use Google. :-)

(If you want to know how this works, look in the bash man page for *
command_not_found_handle* .  It's set up to work by default on Ubuntu.)

HTH!

 --
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],