[lug] kvm drive i/o - nfs vs direct mount

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Apr 5 19:59:06 MDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 18:12 -0600, jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com wrote:

> My standard trick to answer this question worked fine:

>         $ perf
>         The program 'perf' is currently not installed.  You can
>         install it by typing:
>         sudo apt-get install linux-tools-common

Doesn't quite work on my vm (thought it kind of does):
mjhammel(tty0)$ perf
No command 'perf' found, did you mean:
 Command 'iperf' from package 'iperf' (universe)
 Command 'perl' from package 'perl-base' (main)
 Command 'gperf' from package 'gperf' (main)

Ubuntu can't just use "perf"?  Yet another difference.

On Fedora, which I know far better, I find that its pause to tell me
what package "bi" (instead of vi, for example) is in to be annoying.
I've been looking for a way to disable it.

> (If you want to know how this works, look in the bash man page for
> command_not_found_handle .  It's set up to work by default on Ubuntu.)

Ahh!  That works.  Just redefine it to "return" and all is well.  Thanks
for the tip!

--
Michael J. Hammel
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org / http://www.graphics-muse.org